How To Apply Eyelashes
How to Apply Regular Strip Eyelashes
- After removing lash from tray, hold it at both ends with your fingers and bend it several times in a “U” shape to get it flexible
- Look into a mirror, either on the wall or placed on a countertop. Bring lash to eyelid as close to your lash line as possible, following its natural curve. Start from the outer corner first, making sure they are the right size for your eyes and not too big. Then, press in place. If lash is too long, remove it from eyelid and trim with scissors along the outer edge. Adjust the lashes with your fingertips.
- IF LASHES ARE TOO WIDE FOR YOUR EYES: Lift one eyelash out of the box. Holding it with both hands at the ends of the lashes, place it up to your eyelids next to your own lashes. You will most likely find the eyelashes are too wide for your eyes. Snip off a few hairs at one end and test it again. It is important not to have the false lashes too wide because the ends will stick into the eyelid and feel very uncomfortable and irritating! When cut and applied correctly, you will not even know you have them on. Now trim the other pair to match.
- IF THE LENGTH OF THE LASHES ARE TOO LONG: The lashes may be too long also… so trim the length shorter –not too much – you can always go back and cut more later. Point the end of the scissors into the tips of the eyelashes and snip into the lash. Do not cut across in one swoop as you do not want an even cut…they look more natural when uneven.
- Use a stick, or a tooth pick, to apply a thin coat of lash adhesive along the edge of the strip lash.
- Wait several seconds to allow the glue to become “tacky”, looking down into the mirror, place the lashes as close to your own as possible, following the natural curve along its length. Adjust using tweezers or finger tips while the glue is still pliable then apply lash to eyelid. Note: White adhesive will become clear once it dries. After applying both false lashes, blend your natural lashes into them. You can do this with your fingers or a small eyelash or eyebrow brush or an eyelash curler.
- Let the glue dry, then apply eye makeup. You may find your new lashes dramatic enough without mascara, so take a good look in the mirror first. If needed, you could apply a dark eyeliner to camouflage the line of the fake lashes and then apply your mascara. The mascara will help blend your own lashes with the fake ones, and make your eyes look fuller and larger.